International Forum of Accounting Standard Setters (IFASS) (formerly known as National Standard-setters)
The IFASS is a grouping of national accounting standard-setters from around the world, including other organisations that have a close involvement in financial reporting issues. The group is chaired by Ms. Tricia O’Malley.
IFASS supports the mission of the International Accounting Standards Board (‘IASB’) to develop a single set of high quality, understandable and enforceable global accounting standards that require high quality, transparent and comparable information.
In furtherance of these aims IFASS:
- Assists participants in carrying out research aimed at the development of improved future accounting standards.
- Reviews and comments on IASB’s agenda and proposals for changes in international bodies concerned with financial reporting.
- Provides a forum for an exchange of views and sharing of experience between participants about other issues in financial reporting, including in the public and not-for-profit sectors.
MASB participates in the IFASS meetings and for details of past meetings, please follow the links below:
- 2016 April, IFASS Meeting in Toronto, Canada
- 2015 September, IFASS Meeting in London, United Kingdom
- 2015 March, IFASS Meeting in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 2014 September, IFASS Meeting in London, United Kingdom
- 2014 March, IFASS Meeting in New Delhi, India
- 2013 September, IFASS Meeting in Brussels, Belgium
- 2013 April, IFASS Meeting in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 2012 October, IFASS Meeting in Zurich, Switzerland
- 2012 March, IFASS Meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2011 September, NSS Meeting in Vienna, Austria
- 2011 March, NSS Meeting in New York, USA
- 2010 September, NSS Meeting in Rome, Italy
- 2010 April, NSS Meeting in Seoul, Korea