2012 IFRS Conference: Kuala Lumpur
A one-day conference for senior financial executives and other interested parties
The MASB, jointly with the IFRS Foundation, will be hosting the 2012 IFRS Conference in Kuala Lumpur at Shangri-La Hotel on 28 March 2012.
The conference will be offering a great opportunity to gain an understanding of the thinking behind IASB projects from those responsible for setting it and to gain in-depth knowledge on the impact of IFRSs for the Asia-Oceania region.
The Conference Highlights include:
· Shaping the IASB’s future agenda
· IFRSs technical update: active projects and new and amended IFRSs
· IFRS measurements
· IFRS implementation support and post-implementation review updates
By attending, you will be updated on the reasoning behind particular IASB projects and will interact with those setting IFRSs. The main theme in the following projects will be analysed and discussed.
You may choose to attend two of:
1. IFRS 9 Financial Instruments and IASB project to replace IAS 39
2. IFRS 10 Consolidated Financial Statements, IFRS 11 Joint Arrangements, IFRS 12 Disclosure of Interests in Other Entities and technical update on the IASB investment entities project
3. IASB’s Insurance Contracts proposals
4. IASB’s Leases proposals
5. IASB’s Revenue proposals
6. IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement
These sessions are:
· led by IASB members and senior staff
· interactive, giving you the opportunity to discuss issues relevant to your circumstances
Please click here for speech by Hans Hoogervorst, Chairman of International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) at the 2012 IFRS Conference.